Lubricoat – Low Friction & High Temp Breakdown Plating for Injection Mold Releases
Our Electroless Nickel Plating with Teflon for Military, Aerospace & More
One of the Cadillac coatings offered by Progress For Industry, Inc. is Lubricoat, an Electroless Nickel with Teflon plating selection. This chemical makeup of nickel, phosphorous, Teflon, and lubricity-inducing polymers, aid in the release of plastic from the mold component making it a favorite in the molding industry. Also, because of the presence of phosphorous and nickel, this industrial plating is excellent for corrosion protection. Electroless Nickel Teflon has a low coefficient of friction and a breakdown temperature of 650°F.
You can find a number of applications for electroless nickel plating with Teflon. Primarily, it can be used for the military, aerospace, and oil & gas industries due to its low coefficient of friction and high-temperature breakdown of 650°F. It also has such a high corrosion resistance to extend the life of your components.
Specs and Attributes
- Co deposit of both nickel and Teflon
- Excellent for release
- Selective plating can be achieved
- Uniformity in plating
- Excellent for corrosion protection
- All plating can be chemically removed
- Plating thickness ranges from .000025 to .003. Optimum is .0003
- Used on silicone rubber and plastic molds as well as automotive parts, gears and textile equipment
- Hardness is 48-52 Rockwell and heat treatable to nearly 65
- Lubricoat can be plated on almost all tool steels, aluminum, copper, beryllium and brass
- Coefficient of friction approximately .08